Monday 10 December 2012

The wife.

She said you are a woman while she watched me shape and buff my nails yesterday.

Last night I put varnish on them (clear) and today we said something which lead me to saying my nails are shiner than hers.

That led her to start screaming at me, words that imply I am gay, not normal, you name it, she said it, a good 10 minutes of screaming.

She ended up saying I can feel like a woman, but there is no way she is going to let me look like one with her.

I thought we were making progress. I really did. She now wants me to see the dr with her today.. Aghhhhh !!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are in a bit of a whirlwind - so much happening and a euphoric feeling as you find yourself after all these years.

    I can well understand your feelings but please take care. Your nearest and dearest may be struggling to keep up and your wife is probably frightened of this woman bursting onto the scene. It's a lot to take in for her and knowing how my wife felt she may be hugely concerned as to the future. You might hope that you can work things out but at this pace of self discovery it might be impossible for her.

    Forgive me for poking my nose in but it can be easy to get blown away by the opportunities ahead. Sometimes a period to allow our loved ones the chance to catch up can help.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She ended up saying I can feel like a woman, but there is no way she is going to let me look like one with her.

    That's actually a reasonable response. She's very probably attracted to masculinity, and this is an important part of who she is, so your emerging femininity conflicts with her own identity, her sense of herself, as well as her culturally defined sense of what is 'normal'.

    These feelings are very strong for her, and we need always to remember that our partners' feelings are as valid as our own. Otherwise we risk losing our partners altogether. (And I speak from experience there.)

    ReplyDelete